Cycling Training Camp Dates & Prices 2015
Start 2015 off right by signing up for one of our winter cycling training camps and build a strong base for the forthcoming season.
Sign up now for any of our dates in January or February 2016 from only €300pps!
The Perfect Location
We´re based on the Costa Tropical, which is blessed with 320 sunny days a year making it a perfect location for your winter cycling training camp. The Costa Tropical takes its name from the sub-tropical climate which enables the cultivation of exotic crops such as mangoes, bananas and citrus. With warm winters and long hot summers, the average year round temperature is 20c.
The Costa Tropical is the perfect place to start of your winter training regime and get those important early season base miles in. We´re situated in the famous Alpujarras region on the warmer southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, with easy access to the warm coastal routes of the Costa Tropical. The area boasts lots of traffic free, quiet, country roads, making it a perfect destination for your cycling holiday/training camp. It´s an area used in the by the likes of Ireland´s Dan Martin and Poland´s Michal Kwiatkowski for their early season spring training camps.
Autumn Training Camp Dates 2015
September Training Camps
- 05 to 12 September 2015 €375pps
- 12 to 19 September 2015 €375pps
- 19 to 26 September 2015 €375pps
- 26 to 03 September 2015 €375pps
October Training Camps
- 03 to 10 October 2015 €375pps
- 10 to 17 October 2015 €375pps
- 17 to 24 October 2015 €375pps
- 24 to 31 October 2015 €375pps
Please note if the dates above are not suitable we´ll be happy to accommodate you on those dates that suit you best.
- Saturday: Arrival, build bikes, short spin to test the bikes, dinner and then relax after a long day of traveling .
- Sunday: Introduction to Spain! Light spin for 2 to 3 hours and an optional longer route of 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Monday: Medium spin, 3 to 4 hours or an optional longer route of 4.5 hours. Afternoon and evening free to explore the village and relax.
- Tuesday: Long day in the saddle, 5 to 6 hours, with a possible trip to Spain's highest village, Trevelez.
- Wednesday: Rest day with optional light coffee spin to the beach. Possible evening trip to the historical city of Granada or alternatively a day on the beach.
- Thursday: Medium day of 3 to 4 hours cycling in some spectacular scenery.
- Friday: Will be another long day in the saddle to test those legs over some grueling climbs, 4 to 5 hours, aim to be back by 4pm and stretch straight off the bike. Pack the bikes. Prearranged meal in local restaurant.
- Saturday: Breakfast, goodbyes, transfers to airport.
Please note, the area where we are based is quite mountainous and you will be expected to tackle long and arduous climbs each day. Please refer to the FAQ section or contact us if you´re concerned about whether you are fit enough.
- 7 nights accommodation in self-catering apartment
- Fully guided routes each day
- Full access to gym and sauna facilities
- 5 daily printouts of the next days ride and profile
- Ride pack each day with cereal bars and snacks
- Secure bike storage
- Access to our bike workshop
What´s not included:
- Bike rental
- Personal insurance
- Lunch and evening meals
- Single room supplement
- Airport Transfers
Please click here for further information regarding our cycling training camps.
Your Health and safety are paramount to us, however, please note TRAVEL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY. Please ensure you are covered for cycling, accidental damage to bike and personal medical . Check out sportcoverdirect.com for your insurance cover.