Cycling and Yoga Holiday 2016
We've teamed up with Yoga for Cyclists', Sinead Kennedy, to bring you another fantastic week of cycling and yoga. Sinead has designed a yoga course specifically for cyclists to improve flexibility, stability and injury prevention.
Join us from Saturday the 12th - 19th of March 2016 for an unforgettable trip.
This week long Cycling and Yoga camp offers fully guided cycles and Yoga for Cyclists classes all from our base in Southern Spain. Only one hour from Malaga International Airport, we are situated in the beautiful small village of Velez de Benaudalla. Nestled on the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains and only a few kilometres to the coast of the Costa Tropical, it is the ideal location for your Yoga Cycling trip.
All our routes start and finish from our base in Velez, each day the cycling progresses, never cycling the same route twice. Yoga Classes are interspersed throughout the week to help you improve your posture, stretch out sore tired bodies, boost your performance and improve well being. Whether you're a weekend warrior that likes to get out on the bike now and again or the next Alberto Contador we cater our routes and Yoga classes to suit you. Check out our climbs here. *No previous Yoga experience necessary*
- Saturday: Arrival, build bikes, optional short spin. Yoga for Cyclists class 5pm, relax after a long day of traveling .
- Sunday: Introduction to Spain! Light spin for 2 to 3 hours and aim to be back no later than 2pm. Yoga for Cyclists 4pm, one hour class.
- Monday: Medium spin, 3 to 4 hours aim to be back by 3pm. Stretch out straight off the bike. Afternoon and evening free to explore and relax.
- Tuesday: Long day in the saddle with a possible trip to Spain's highest village, Trevelez. Afterwards we will stretch out straight off the bike and relax in the sauna!
- Wednesday: Free day with optional day trip to the historical city of Granada or alternatively a trip to the beach.
- Thursday: Medium day of 3 to 4 hours cycling in some spectacular scenery. We will aim to be back no later 3pm. Yoga for Cyclist is at 5pm .
- Friday: Will be another long day in the saddle to test those legs over some grueling climbs, 4 to 5 hours, aim to be back by 4pm and stretch straight off the bike. Pack the bikes. Prearranged meal in local restaurant.
- Saturday: Breakfast, goodbyes, transfers to airport.
Please note, all the rides and yoga classes are optional, it is your holiday. If you feel there is too much activity please feel free to take another rest day, skip a class or a spin.
Dates and Prices
Saturday the 12th to the 19th of March 2016. €560 per person sharing (single supplement €75) €150 deposit on booking with the balance to be paid before January 2016.
What's not included:
- Bike rental
- Flights and personal insurance
- Lunch and evening meals
- Single room supplement
- 7 nights self catering accommodation
- Airport transfers
- Fully guided group rides each day
- 4 hour long Yoga for Cyclists classes
- Guided stretching after cycles on non-yoga days
- 5 daily printouts of the next days ride and profile
- Welcome pack with cereal bars and snacks
- Water and fruit in yoga class
- Secure bike storage
- Access to our bike workshop
Your Health and safety are paramount to us, however PLEASE NOTE TRAVEL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY. Please ensure you are covered for cycling, accidental damage to bike and personal medical . Check out www.sportscoverdirect.com
Level of Cyclist:
To participate in our camp, a good level of cycling fitness is required. Ideally, your weekly long spin is 3-4 hours long, or 70-100km. The area where we are based is quite mountainous with lots of challenging climbs. Therefore, most days you will be climbing and descending. However, if you're used to tackling long rides on the weekends you will enjoy the challenge ahead. It is a cycling holiday after all so a little effort is required! It's our aim to cater to our guests needs. This may mean increasing or decreasing the length of the rides to suit the needs/capabilities of our guests. If you have any concerns regarding your suitability please feel free to contact us. The main aim of the week is to go away in better shape than you arrived, challenged, invigorated and have had some fun whilst enjoying the warm sunshine of Southern Europe.
Non-Cyclists are more than welcome to join the trip.
Do you have friend or loved one who would like to come but isn't a cyclist? No problem at all. They are welcome to come to the Yoga Classes and post cycle stretches. While the cycles are during the day, evenings are free time so why not go out and explore the area together, enjoy nice meals and some local wine. There is also a free day on the itinerary to spend together. Prices for non cyclists on request.
Check out flight comparison site Skyscanner.net for the best deals on flights from your nearest airport to Malaga International Airport. Flights are currently approximately €130 return from Dublin. Book early to keep the cost down.
Traveling alone or just prefer your own space? No problem, we can arrange for you to have your own bedroom in one of the apartments for an additional €75.
If you would prefer to hire a bike rather than bring your own we are happy to arrange this for you. Our bikes available to rent are from German bike builder Rose, click here for more details. The price for the week is €130 per rental. Please let us know on booking if you require a bike, frame size and peddle requirements. Check out our bikes here
Food & Drink
We can prearrange a quality 3 course evening meal with our local restaurant, Meson Naciemento. The meal also includes a drink of your choice and all for the price of €12.50. The meals are preset with some variety but the restaurant also offers an a la carte menu. However, guests must pre-book the set menu option.
Accommodation is on a self catering basis, but if you wish for us to arrange a continental breakfast, your breakfast supplies or any special dietary requirements please inform us and we'll happy to accommodate your requests.
Getting to the beach, shops, etc
The beachs of the Costa Tropical and the larger town of Motril are only 10kms. Local taxis are relatively inexpensive and a return trip can be arranged if requested.
While nothing is guaranteed the temperatures for this time of year are typically very pleasant. The same week 2015 had highs of 23 degrees. Click here for more information.