Our CYCLING Training camps
At Cycle Sierra Nevada we arrange our training camps to suit the beginner to the elite level cyclist. We adjust our routes each day to suit your capabilities. Our rides can range from 60km right up to 175km or from 2 to 7 hours. It’s our aim that you benefit from your week here. More important to us however is that you enjoy your time with us and we endeavour to make your cycling holiday an enjoyable experience.
- Saturday - Arrive at the airport, transfer to Velez, build bikes, optional light spin.
- Sunday - We normally take a light/medium run on Sunday.
- Monday - Start to build the up the kilometres with medium to long run.
- Tuesday - Long day with lots of climbing.
- Wednesday - Rest day or optional light coffee spin down to the beach.
- Thursday - Ease back into it with a medium day in the saddle
- Friday - Last day, long and steady
- Saturday - Transfer to airport and depart
Our cycling training camps normally run from Saturday to Saturday but if these days don’t suit please let us know and we’ll try and work something out for you. You can also add additional days at a reduced rate and we can also run long weekends for you if it suits you.
- 7 nights accommodation in self-catering apartment
- 5 fully guided group rides
- 5 daily printouts of the next days ride and profile
- Return Airport Transfers to Malaga
- Secure bike storage
- Access to our bike workshop
What´s not included:
- Bike rental
- Personal insurance
- Lunch and evening meals
- Single room supplement
Please click here for further information regarding our cycling training camps.
Your Health and safety are paramount to us, however, please note TRAVEL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY. Please ensure you are covered for cycling, accidental damage to bike and personal medical . Check out sportcoverdirect.com for your insurance cover.
The Perfect Location
We´re based between the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Costa Tropical, which is blessed with 320 sunny days a year making it a perfect location for your Cycling Holiday or Cycling Training Camp. The Costa Tropical takes its name from the sub-tropical climate which enables the cultivation of exotic crops such as mangoes, bananas and citrus. With warm winters and long hot summers, the average year round temperature is 20c.
The Costa Tropical is the perfect place to start of your winter training regime and get those important early season base miles in. We´re situated in the famous Alpujarras region on the warmer southern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, with easy access to the warm coastal routes of the Costa Tropical. The area boasts lots of traffic free, quiet, country roads, making it a perfect for a Cycling Holiday or Cycling Training Camp. It´s an area used by the likes of Dan Martin, Michal Kwiatkowski, Bauke Mollema, and Marcel Kittel for their early season and pre-Tour training camps.